Fresh Egg Pasta with a KitchenAid
by: Michael Gruar on
Fresh egg pasta
Preparation time 10 minutes plus resting time
Cooking time 3 minutes
- 200g 00 flour
- 200g semolina
- 200g whole egg
(Tip using electronic scales weight, 4 eggs then equal weight in 00 flour and Semolina)
- Place eggs, flour and semolina in the mixer bowl. Attach the flat beater. On speed 2, mix slowly until flour is mixed in well.
- Replace the flat beater with the dough hook. Gently increase the speed to 2. Knead for about 3 minutes. Wrap dough in plastic wrap, set aside in the refrigerator for about 30minutes.
- Attach the Pasta sheet (lasagne) roller to the Standmixer. Set the adjustment knob to 1. Cut the dough into 6 pieces. Taking 1 piece very slowly pass through the roller on speed 4. Fold dough in thirds; pass the cut side through first. Continue this process four or five times. Dust the roller with some semolina. Continue rolling the dough through three or four times on each setting until the desired setting is obtained. On a half-length of pasta place herb leaves, fold over and run though rollers. Repeat with the remaining portions of dough.
- Attach the required cutting attachment. On speed 4 pass pasta sheets through.
- Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling water for 3 minutes.